The SHRM Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit affiliate of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). The Foundation is a legally separate organization, and is not funded by SHRM membership dues.
The SHRM Foundation is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors from the HR profession, including academics, practitioners and representatives from SHRM.
SHRM Foundation Vision The SHRM Foundation is the globally recognized, premier source of HR thought leadership and research.
SHRM Foundation Mission The SHRM Foundation advances global HR knowledge and practice by providing thought leadership and educational support; and sponsoring, funding and driving the adoption of cutting edge, actionable, evidence-based research.
Innovative academic research grants. The SHRM Foundation is a leading funder of HR research. Over the past three years, the SHRM Foundation has awarded more than $1.8 million in grants to fund rigorous, original academic research with practical implications for HR management practice.
Educational resources. The SHRM Foundation’s Effective Practice Guidelines series makes research findings easily accessible to HR practitioners. The Foundation has also created a series of educational DVDs for SHRM chapter programming, staff trainings, and executive education sessions.
To fund its programs, the SHRM Foundation conducts an annual fundraising campaign. The Foundation recognizes the generous support of the SHRM chapters and state councils, individuals, corporations and others who make its work possible.
Your financial support is vital to ensure that the SHRM Foundation can continue this important work. Donate today!
The SHRM Foundation supports the next generation of HR leaders through a variety of awards programs for students and educators.
Each year, the SHRM Foundation awards $50,000 in scholarships to SHRM student members. In addition to education scholarships, this year the Foundation will offer scholarships of $200 each for students taking the new Assurance of Learning Assessment.
The SHRM Foundation recognizes the important work of SHRM student chapter advisors by supporting the annual Advisor of the Year Award.
In addition, the SHRM Foundation partners with the HR Division of the Academy of Management to present four $5,000 awards to promising doctoral dissertation students.
These are just a few ways the SHRM Foundation is investing in the future. And it’s all made possible with your generous donations. For more information on SHRM Foundation awards please visit www.shrm.org/foundationand select “Scholarships and Awards”.
The Iowa SHRM State Council will award up to a maximum of $250 in grant money annually, subject to review each academic year. Any affiliate student chapter of SHRM in the state of Iowa may request a scholarship/grant.
1. Scholarships/Grants will be awarded for the purpose of educational/professional development. This includes but is not limited to seed money for the chapter to sponsor a speaker/seminar, to reimburse travel expenses for the State or National Leadership Conference, or funding for other professional development-related activities as approved by the Council.
2. Chapters will submit an application form electronically (available on the web site) prior to October 1, describing how the scholarship/grant funds will be used and the amount requested. Grants will be awarded by November 1st.
3. Any grants awarded must be used during the academic year received.
4. A committee of no less than three and no more than five Council members (the college relations director, two district directors, an at-large director, and one other appointed by the State Council Director) shall review scholarship/grant requests and determine awards based on merit, value to the chapter, and availability of funds.
5. Scholarships/grants do not have to be paid back to the Council unless the event/activity is canceled.