Human Resources Consultant - HRConnect, Waterloo, IA
We are seeking a part-time Human Resources Consultant to work with our HR consulting division, HRConnect. This position offers a flexible work schedule! Interested candidates should have an interest in leveraging their HR Generalist skills by assisting clients with HR compliance and training-related needs. This position will be responsible for developing new business opportunities and maintaining existing accounts by providing consultative HR advice, training, products and services to clients. Moderate day travel is expected for this position within a 60 mile radius of Cedar Falls/Waterloo.
HRConnect creates and provides customized consulting and training solutions to small and mid-sized organizations. Our focus is to ensure compliance, improve workplace performance and assist in solving employment-related challenges. HRConnect is a division of PDCM Insurance in Waterloo, Iowa.
- Meet with potential clients to determine HR consulting needs and create a detailed proposal for consulting services
- Work proactively with clients to provide strategic advice and practical solutions on HR compliance and training needs in order to minimize their exposure to liability
- Develop, revise and potentially assist with implementing human resource compliance projects to meet the client’s needs. Projects may include employee handbook and/or job description creations, workplace investigations, HR audits, among others
- Facilitate, develop, and/or deliver trainings that are customized to meet the client’s needs
- Responsible for the marketing of the consulting division
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Communications, Psychology, or related field plus at least 6 years of related human resources experience, or equivalent, required.
- Professional certification(s) preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and awareness of diverse human resources disciplines including employment law, employee relations, workforce planning, training and development, salary administration and general business management principles.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, build positive partnerships and work collaboratively with clients from all industries.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to resolve conflict over sensitive or complex issues.
- Must be able to provide a valid driver's license.
PDCM Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Corporate Recruiter/HR Generalist - Westmark, Dubuque, IA
We’re looking for an experienced Corporate Recruiter/HR Generalist who has a passion for recruiting! While we need someone with a proven background in all aspects of HR, the primary focus will be to find the best talent to help drive the company forward as we continue to grow. You will manage the full employment cycle from the recruiting and selection process to onboarding and orientation through leave of absences and end of employment.
- Manage full cycle recruiting for multiple searches for multiple companies creating innovative sourcing strategies to bring the best talent to each role
- Develop an employment branding strategy and sourcing plan
- Conduct pre-screen interviews and refer qualified applicants for employment
- Maintain meaningful working relationships with local educational institutions and other avenues for recruitment in the community
- Coordinate internship program and find additional ways to enrich the program
- Conduct new hire onboarding to ensure smooth employment transition
Other HR Responsibilities
- Administer FMLA, STD and COBRA eligibility and participation
- Administer Workers Compensation and prepare related government required reporting
- Provide back up support for benefits and payroll processing as necessary
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all HR-related legal requirements and government regulations
Qualified candidates should have a degree and 3 to 5 years directly related experience in all aspects of HR. Prior multi-state payroll experience a definite plus. Professionalism, strong verbal and written communication skills, analytical and decision-making skills, and attention to detail are essential. PHR or SHRM-CP Certification preferred.
Westmark is a support organization headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa that provides HR support for over 300 employees throughout the US and Canada in our affiliated companies, including Kendall Hunt Publishing, Westmark Development, Great River Learning, RCL Benziger and Fourge Social . To learn more about us, visit our website at www.westmarkenterprises.com.
If you’re interested in learning more about this opportunity, submit resume and salary requirements to HRDept@kendallhunt.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Human Resources Manager - UI Health Care Information Systems
UI Health Care Information Systems (HCIS) is seeking an experienced HR Manager to provide specialized human resource and administrative support for recruitment, compliance monitoring, compensation analysis, salary budgeting, and other HR processes in a complex information technology environment. Partnering with appropriate stakeholders, the HCIS HR Manager will serve as a strategic business partner and facilitate the effective human resources operations for UI Health Care Information Systems (HCIS) and other assigned departments. The HCIS HR Manager is expected to have sufficiently evolved HR IT knowledge and skills to effectively mentor HCIS leaders and other UI Health Care HR professionals. Key duties include:
- Collaborates with Health Care HR leaders and other subject matter experts to interpret and apply human resource policies, labor contracts, laws and practices and develop creative solutions to business issues/challenges in the recruitment and retention of IT professionals. .
- Provides human resource consultation and guidance to departmental HR representatives, unit leadership and employees on HR processes
- Develops recruitment strategies and manages recruitments and hiring processes.
- Maintains various hiring-related metrics and prepares periodic and/or special reports.
- Manages departmental compliance monitoring policies and procedures.
- Participates in the preparation of salary budgets.
This is a permanent salaried position located at the UI Health Care Support Services Building, 3281 Ridgeway Drive, Coralville, Iowa, with a generous fringe benefit package including 24 days paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans. The University of Iowa is committed to recruiting and retaining the most talented and diverse faculty and staff, which involves providing opportunities for employees to “Build a Career | Build a Life.” For more information about local work/life resources including dual-career support please visit https://worklife.uiowa.edu/.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Considerable (minimum of 5 years) progressive human resources experience as a generalist or in multiple specialties working in a fast paced, diverse work environment.
- HR experience in an IT environment including knowledge of key IT competencies used in the evaluation or IT professionals staff.
- Experience with staff recruitment and hiring activities in a complex regulatory environment.
- Experience monitoring, analyzing and summarizing business and personnel data.
- Proficiency in computer software applications including online talent management systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including listening abilities coupled with the ability to express complex information in a clear, concise and understandable fashion.
- Demonstrated job-related experience and/or commitment to diversity in a work/academic environment.
- Extensive knowledge and/or experience with Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to successfully plan, coordinate and follow through on multiple projects/work initiatives at one time
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-centered work environment and provide HR guidance and support to internal and external customers in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of state and federal regulations affecting human resources.
- Knowledge of University of Iowa business policies, procedures, systems and regulations.
- PHR, SPHR or SHRM HR professional education and/or certification
Applicable background and credential checks will be conducted. To apply, visit http://jobs.uiowa.edu and search for Requisition #71281. The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability or status as a protected veteran.
University of Iowa Health Care is committed to excellence every time, caring with our minds, hands and hearts.
Posting fee is $100 payable to the Iowa SHRM State Council. For every job posting, Iowa SHRM State Council will make a donation to the SHRM Foundation, a non-profit dedicated to studying, advancing, and supporting your workplace and HR professionals.
If you are interested in posting a human resource-related job opening with the Iowa SHRM State Council, please email Matt Clarke. Posting will remain on our website for 60 days.